UK Company Markets
UK Company Markets
About Dominion and Trent
- The Dominion Insurance Company Ltd (”Dominion”) has been in run off since 1994. Dominion has a 100% subsidiary company, Trent Insurance Company Ltd (“Trent”), which has been in run off since 1968.
- BD Cooke Investments Ltd (a non regulated UK company) has a majority stake in Dominion with both BD Cooke, Dominion, Trent and some other associated companies making up the Premia UK Holdings 2 (“PUKH2”) Group. PUKH2 is a subsidiary of Premia Holdings Ltd, a Bermuda based legacy reinsurance group with operations in the USA, Bermuda, UK and EU.
- The principal activity of the PUKH2 Group is the management, processing and settlement of general insurance liabilities arising from the business underwritten prior to 1994. The majority of this business was underwritten as part of the B.D.Cooke underwriting pool. The Group’s outstanding gross exposure relates primarily to long tail US asbestos and pollution liabilities.
You can view the core values attributable to Dominion and Trent here
Board of Directors
- Max Taylor (Chairman and Independent Non Executive director)
- Steve McCann (Chairman of the Audit and Risk Committee and Independent Non Executive Director)
- David Rooney (Chair of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee and Independent Non Executive Director)
- Colin Grint (Non Executive Director)
- Scott Maries (Non Executive Director)
The Minster Building, 21 Mincing Lane, London, EC3R 7AG
+44 20 7767 2926
DLA Piper (Scotland) LLP
Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH1 2AA
The Minster Building
21 Mincing Lane
London, EC3R 7AG
To make a claim regarding Dominion or Trent:
Please contact Steve Paton firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Lofthouse, Head of Claims
Tel: +44 020 4536 7556
If you are not satisfied with the service received, the details of how to make a complaint are set out below:
In the first instance please contact:
Julia Davis, Head of Compliance
Tel: +44 020 3320 2247
If you are not satisfied with your response, you can escalate your complaint by contacting:
Or call on +44 20 7767 2926
The Solvency and Financial Condition Report for Premia UK Holdings 2 Ltd (incorporating Dominion and Trent) can be accessed here.
*31 December 2021
Anonymous Premia Helpline
Premia is committed to maintaining an environment with open communication. If you wish to submit an anonymous report in confidence, click here to access the Anonymous Premia Helpline, hosted by a third party hotline provider.